With Counsellors, Therapists, and Spiritual Care Specialists, the Psychosocial Services department supports both patients and also families.
During the progressive stages of life-limiting illness, we offer:
- Professional counselling for patients and their families on issues related to grief, death and dying
- Help with practical concerns like funeral planning, wills and finances
- Spiritual care for all faiths, cultures and beliefs
Following a death, we offer:
- Assessment and grief counselling as needed for one year following the death
- A variety of support groups and services for adults and children
More information: Counselling & Spiritual Care
Click here for helpful brochures.
Contact the Psychosocial Services department by calling 250-370-8715 or by email.
Contact Bereavement Services by calling 250-370-8868 or by email.
Please note: the Victoria Hospice Bereavement Services office is not open evenings or weekends, although we do schedule client appointments or support groups after hours. If you need immediate help with a bereavement crisis during these times, please contact the Vancouver Island Crisis Line at 1-888-494-3888 or the British Columbia suicide intervention line at 1-800-784-2433.