New Bereavement Group: Healing Practices for Grief
Are you looking for help with your grief? Perhaps you want to learn new ways to express your grief and support your healing. Victoria Hospice is pleased to offer a counsellor-led group in the New Year that may interest you.
In this group you will have the opportunity to learn about and practice a variety of tools and techniques that can help with some of the thoughts and feelings commonly associated with grief. Each week will have a distinct focus, such as journaling, relaxation strategies, collage, and (weather permitting) a mindfulness walk.
Please see below for program details.
- Six Saturdays from January 13 – February 17 inclusive
- 2:00pm – 4:00pm (except the first session which will run 1:30pm – 4:00pm)
- Victoria Hospice, Richmond Pavilion Building, 4th Floor, Room #RP413 (Conference Room)
- Pre-registration is required: Register by 12:00pm January 5, 2018. This is designed as a small group and registration is limited to 10 participants only.
- Cost: $120 for 6 Saturday sessions.
- To register: please call the Bereavement Services office at 250-370-8868.
- Cancellation policy: if you need to cancel you may do so up until 12:00pm on January 5, 2018; no refunds will be offered after this time and date.
- Note: One of the group sessions is a planned walking session. The walk will be weather permitting, and will take between 60 and 75 minutes. If walking is a challenge for you, please let the group facilitator know.