This popular community event - now held over two half-days - features expert speakers offering practical advice to help you make the most out of life when time is limited.
While the Bucket List Festival deals with challenges at the end-of-life, it’s by no means a sombre affair. “It's informative, interactive – even fun,” says Dr. McGregor medical director at Victoria Hospice.
“It brings death out of the shadows, reminding us that it’s okay to speak openly about end-of-life issues. It does not always have to be sad and difficult; in fact, these info sessions can help to empower people and calm fears they may have.”
In addition to practical talks, this year we're offering live music to lift the spirits and soothe the soul, a visit from a Pacific Animal Therapy Society dog to provide some fuzzy comfort, and lots of draw prizes such as IMAX tickets, EagleWings whale watch tickets, a hotel stay at Harbour Towers, and much more.
Saturday, March 4
- Advance Care Planning (Speaker: Carolyn Wilkinson, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Victoria Hospice)
- Travelling while Ill (Speaker: Victoria Buhler, Travel Consultant, Expedia)
- The Gift of Caregiving (Speaker: Tasha Ahlstrom, Counsellor, Victoria Hospice)
- How to Really Talk to your Doctor (Speaker: Dr. Douglas McGregor, Medical Director, Victoria Hospice)
Saturday, March 11
- Symptoms Management (Speaker: Dr. Pippa Hawley, Head of Palliative Care, UBC)
- Record Me Now (Speaker: Gaby Eirew, Founder of RecordMeNow
- Holding a Living Wake (Speaker: Dr. Pippa Hawley, Head of Palliative Care, UBC)
- End of Life Insurance (Speaker: Saul Preston, Financial Planner, Coast Capital Savings)
Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
NEW Location: The Wellesley, 2800 Blanshard St., Victoria